10.14.2008

Pregnant Lady Crazy

I had my first "first-time-pregnancy" bothering of the doctors yesterday. I had a sharp pain in my lower-right abdomen all yesterday afternoon that was really killer. So by the time I was ready to leave work, I had worked myself into a worried-state-of-mind. Richard OK'd me to just run across the street to my midwives' office and see if someone there could see me (I can seriously walk to my provider's office in 30 seconds from my work, good for me - not so good for them). Now this is very un-Melanie-like, but I totally walked in there even though they were closed and a poor nurse who was still on site saw me. She was really really sweet, bless her heart. Took my blood pressure and temperature and told me to go home a put a hot water bottle on it and call them if it didn't feel better in a few hours. I felt pretty silly but I'm still glad I went by because I would have just come home and worried all night. The hot water bottle really did help and I feel perfectly fine today - gotta love the abdominal cramps, strains, and pains of being pregnant! I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

In other news - the Biscuit is developing all kinds of serious acrobatic moves. Now in addition to the big thumps & rampant flutterings, we have whale-like rolling somersaults that cross my entire belly. And the other day, I put my hand on my belly and felt a leg (or arm, or spine?) just hanging out below my ribs. As I poked at it, it slowly went away - I guess the Biscuit doesn't appreciate my pokes as much as I do his!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like there's a little Richard in there... starting his training early ;).

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

You can never be to concerned...look what happened to me! Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks.

Alicia Parr said...

My favorite thing was feeling all the acrobatics inside, even when I was trying to sleep. Maybe not the jabs in the ribs so much, and certainly not the other pains. The non-characteristic anxiety is very characteristic of pregnancy. I guess it's the hormones. In addition to a hot water bottle, I'd like to recommend the rice sock. You fill a sock with rice, tie it up tight, microwave it, then put the sock on the sore part.