12.15.2008

Baby Showering

It is kind of strange to sit in a room full of friends, surrounded by gifts, as the center of attention while you rip open wrapping paper and excitedly scope our your new loot. I haven't done that in quite a while (probably since I was about 10) until recently at 2 baby showers. Since Richard & I didn't have a traditional wedding (you know, one that was planned and involved a pre-planned ceremony and the usual events that lead up to a wedding) I didn't have any bridal showers or the like, so being a showeree has been a new and fun experience that has accompanied my metamorphosis into a giant pregnant lady.


My second shower was just this past weekend at Birdoo's house. It was spectacular. The gifts were generous and thrilling but mostly I was really excited to see everyone who came since I don't get to see all my pals nearly as often as I should. A great big thank you to everyone who came and especially to Meredith and Lauren for putting it together for me. Here are a few of the decent pictures I got from that day (hopefully I'll have a good group shot later on to post, my camera ran out of steam before we did the group photo session):

(Yes, I ate FOUR of these cupcakes - and two Rice Krispie treats - I like to have my cake and eat it, too.)

My first shower was at MSOC (my place of employment) for me and another gal at my office whose due date is exactly one week after mine. It was very fun (and out of the ordinary since there were men there who were at the same time incredibly uncomfortable as well as confused - out of respect for their feelings I opted not to post the uncomfortable men picture). Here are a couple pictures of Nerissa and I unravelling our new baby goods:


Richard asked me after the shower this weekend if we really need all this stuff to raise a baby. I said no, probably not - but it undoubtedly will make it a lot easier. We have been incredibly blessed by our friends and family giving us baby gifts and passing along hand-me-downs from their child-raising closets. It is amazing how the promise of new life brings out so much hope and excitement not only in Richard & I, but in our greater family, too. And it's not only material things and stuff for the baby, but just knowing we have people who will be there for us after Mack arrives and we REALLY need their support that overwhelms us and gives us strength.

Truly, from the bottom of our hearts

THANK YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

treesarepretty said...

You are far from a "giant pregnant lady", my dear. You look great!

Nice seeing you this weekend, I'll be thinking about you and Richard the next few weeks!