8.24.2009

Beach Baby

Mack's first trip to the beach! I love the beach and I hope Mack will, too. His first few moments watching the waves with Daddy were met with trepidation. But I can't blame him, the magnitude of the sea is quite awesome. He warmed up to the little tide pools and enjoyed coating himself with a fine layer of sand. Our day was cut a little short by bad weather ("day" translates in this case to about 1.5 hours), but I was really worried about him getting too much sun exposure so the sprinkle was really a blessing to my overly-worried-mother-self.


(Funny aside regarding my fear of sunburning the baby: Richard went for a run on Saturday before we would be taking Mack to the beach for the first time. So while Richie was working out, I prepared Mack for the beach. I was absolutely mortified that I'd forgotten his hat and was really concerned his scalp would get burned. So I set to work coating Mackey in sunscreen...no small task with my little guy who won't hold still for more than half a second. But I succeeded in my endeavour and Mack was ready to hit the beach. Or was he?!?! I started to worry that I might have missed a spot...so on went the second coat of sunscreen! When we actually got out to the beach & Mack began to perspire in the heat of the day, his layers of sunscreen began to surface and his whole little head turned white! And bless his poor tiny eyes, the sunscreen made his eyes water as it dripped off his head into his little peepers. Luckily, none of this seemed to bother him much and the sticky sunscreen helped him accomplish his lovely sandcoat. And all of this sunscreen drama just to be followed by clouds rolling in and rain sprinkles! Maybe next time I won't be so paranoid...somehow I doubt it though.)


We had a wonderful time celebrating MeeMaw's 85th birthday with the family and are so thankful we were able to make the trip down.

More pictures!: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1775367008/a=76796422_76796422/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

2 comments:

Anna said...

Dang he is cute little guy! I love that smile. I am glad we got to see each other this weekend.

MamaDoo said...

I completely understand the sunscreen fear! I am such a freak about it too. I can't imagine a bumpkin with the tiniest spot of sunburn! I will miss spots on myself, but Olivia always has way too much on! Love the new picture of Mack eating Richard's face. AND, really...did you need to put a pic of yourself with a 6 pack and a bikini on?? Yes you did! Go on with your bad ass sexy self girl! I can't wait to see you this weekend.