2.23.2010

Today at the park

After work today, I met Richard and Mack at Gold Park. (This park is just one of the many many outdoor rec areas near where we live. We are so fortunate to have so many options for enjoying fresh air.) Richard had picked up some delicious and nutricious Bojangles for dinner and we sat down at a picnic table to eat. Mackey was much more interested in getting back to the slides than he was in eating his mashed potatoes. I let him get down off of my lap since he was being so squirmy and little guy just started walking off toward the playground! To top it off, as he was walking away, he waved his hands and (back still turned to us) said "Bye bye!". We were floored. This was the first time he struck off on his own without us.

He didn't get far until I had him back in my arms. If only I would be able to get him back so easily every time he decides he's ready to go off on his own.

1 comment:

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

He's gonna be super independent!!! Aren't they so fun?