Not this past Sunday, but the Sunday before, I spent 3 HOURS mowing our lawn on the new riding lawnmower. (You may remember that the previous lawnmower burst into flames. We now have a sweet new Craftsman with a warranty.) Mowing our lawn is no small feat. Not only is it a large yard, it is full of hazards: tree stumps, tree limbs, metal pipes, bricks, cinder blocks...you get my drift. (We still have a long way to go in creating our country paradise.) Anyway, I digress. So I spent 3 hours on the mower, 2 hours of which Mack was down for his nap. He woke up shortly before I finished mowing around the garden in the back field. Richard and Mack trotted down the path together and I gave Mack a ride around the garden on the riding mower (mower blades turned off of course!). Mack loves a "tractor ride."
The next day at work, I receive the following email from Richard:
"Mack was looking at his I Spy book and came to the tractor. He said "tractor" a couple of times then pointed to the back yard and said "mama ride tractor."
What?!"
2 comments:
That is awesome!!! I love the fingerpainting and you letting him get messy. I wish Olivia would just dive into stuff like that, but usually it's just me, while she says "eww mommy" PS - are you even kidding me with that new profile pic with Mack's abso-freakin-lutely adorable grin! Priceless!!
Sounds like Mack's at that stage where he starts to make all kinds of connections-- this thing is the same as that thing! There was a period where Remy was obsessed with pointing out as many connections as he could find. It's so much fun watching them learn!
Post a Comment