10.31.2010

Halloween

Happy Halloweenie! We made a nice, relaxed weekend of Halloween this year starting with "Trick or Treating" in Hillsborough. Mack dressed up (compliments of Aunt Yiz) as a UNC Football Player. He was a hit on the streets. Here's dinner at Bandidos and Mack hanging out with his best girl (me of course!) on the street:



Then we went to the community center and Mack showed off his mad bean-bag throwing skills:




Saturday we went to Umstead where I ran (10 miles, no problemo) and Mack hiked with Daddy. We found ourselves again this year at Weaver Street Market to find our pumpkin. We still haven't found the pumpkin patch around here, oh well! Here's Mack making the difficult call about which pumpkin to take home:

Mack was running a fever Saturday night, so he & I stayed home Sunday while Richard went to church and met up with a buddy to run. Mack & I got to spend a rare morning/afternoon just the two of us! We made ghosts! This is Mack looking as if he's wary of the ghosts in the tree but in actuality, he's rearing back to take a swing at them:

After Daddy got home, it was time to carve the pumpkin! I was disappointed that Mack wasn't interested in scooping the guts out of the pumpkin. He kept saying "glhuchlk!" He got a real kick out of it once we started carving the face though.

We decided to stay in instead of going out trick or treating Halloween night. We had dinner with our Jack O' Lantern as our center piece, built a bonfire outside (that Mack was surprisingly uninterested in, I guess I should be thankful for that though), Mack swang in the dark, and we threw the ball for doggie. Then we watched a little bit of "Ogre" (Shrek), read a Halloween book and Mack went night night. I know we'll have many a future Halloween where Mack will be running off with his friends to Trick Or Treat, so it was nice to have him all to ourselves this year!


And more pictures in case you didn't get enough here :-)
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=armstrongmap&target=ALBUM&id=5534401161372340817&authkey=Gv1sRgCJist8yC1da6YQ&feat=email

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

That sounds like the perfect Halloween! I love that he was punching out those ghosts.