I use the term "sleeping" very lightly. The picture above speaks volumes about bed time. This is definitely one of the more difficult chapters we've faced as parents. Nap time and bed time now involve much weeping and gnashing of teeth, quite literally. We've had several bed times that went without event but those are in the minority. As I write this, Richard is upstairs taking the 2nd shift of trying to get Mack to fall asleep and it's almost 10:00 pm. It's kind of like having a newborn again in that we do a lot of singing, rocking, and cradling Mack to sleep while he fights it with every ounce of his being. Bless his little heart though, he's still so stinking cute. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he shuffles into our bedroom and says "hi" in this little voice that just melts your heart. It's hard to be mad when he's so cute but, man, are we tired these days. The first morning that Mack pitter-pattered into our bedroom, Richard looked over at me and said, "You know this is what's it's really like to be parents, don't you?" We have arrived. He's not even 2 years old yet (just a few short days until his birthday, I can't believe it) but we're experiencing the fullness of what having a 2 year old means.
I plan to post more pictures of his revamped bedroom soon. We still have a little work left to do and once that's done, I'll show you all the cuteness. I hope at that time to be able to post about how well Mack is now sleeping in his bed. A mom can hope, right?
3 comments:
gate the door! I was so worried that Will would fall down the stairs. Also it used to freak me out to no end to see that tiny cute little face next to the bed at 4 in the morning.
You guys are really great parents. You will make it through this.
LOVE the bed! Ikea rocks!! Ok, I'm glad to see Anna's comment because I am also scared to death that Jonas will fall down the stairs in the middle of the night. So... I put the child proof door knob thingy on the inside of Jonas' door. Here I'm thinking "safety", but a veteran mom I know (with 4 kids) suggested it for my "sanity". It does help with "quiet time". :)
Oh, it freaked me out the first time Olivia wandered into our room. I thought it was the dog, and then it spoke. I shouldn't give advice because Neil is laying with Olivia right now to still get her to sleep. 9:41pm.
Post a Comment