6.15.2008

Father's Day

So Richard received his first Father's Day card today from me. That was kind of crazy. I don't think he was expecting it or even thinking about it as a possibility.

Today in church there was a couple sitting in front of us with a baby-carrier-thing (I'm going to have to figure out what they are actually called). Richard whispered to me that they must be brand new parents because both of them kept looking over at the baby every few seconds. He also said they must be brand new parents because they didn't have the deep-set look of exhaustion about them yet. Sure enough, later in the service, the mom walked out carrying the baby and it appeared to be all of a few days old.

It's weird how we're starting to notice these types of things now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh ha ha, I am the first to comment! I know I've told you but I'm just about to freakin' bust I'm so excited!!! You two are going to be the best parents, what a great team this kid will have. Just look at your motherly and fatherly instincts already kickin' in with you checking out other newbie parents at church. What a blast! LOVE YOU BOTH, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Unknown said...

Yay!!
Richard, I hope you had a good "Father's Day" and Melanie, Happy Belated "Mother's Day" 'cuz it seems you must have known back then. Adam and I are very very very happy and excited for you guys. Tell the biscuit I say Hello!

Author said...

Hello Biscuit!