6.24.2008

Tough Decision #1 - check


Last week I made the really tough decision NOT to go on the Vacation Bible School trip to Haiti I had been planning on attending for several months (http://familyhm.org/). I was sitting at work Thursday afternoon and it just hit me like a ton of bricks out of the blue that I had no business going to Haiti while I'm pregnant...and then I started crying (loooove the hormones). Thank goodness no one was around at the time.

I had been telling myself ever since I found out I was pregnant that going to Haiti would be fine. I would take all the precautions and be super-careful while I was there. After all, there are lots of pregnant women in Haiti right now who are doing perfectly fine, right? I was totally convinced that going on this trip to Haiti was God's will for me and my baby, and that He would take care of us.

Turns out I was just being really stubborn and wanting to go for my own reasons, not God's. Once I finally made the call and pulled out of the trip, I felt a sense of peace that I hadn't felt in quite a while. I know that He still has plans for me to visit the developing world and experience His love and power there...but not while I'm pregnant!

I know this is the first of many many decisions I'll have to make from now on that put the well-being of my child over my own selfish desires. It's kind of crazy to have made this decision at only 9 1/2 weeks gestation! And I thought giving up red wine was tough! Even though I'm disappointed that I don't get to travel to Haiti this year, knowing that not going is the best decision for the Biscuit completely overshadows all of that disappointment. Wow.

1 comment:

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

So, glad you made that decision..let me know if you need to escape to the beach again and hold a cheeky little girl!! She'd love the attention!! Take Care!!!