
I've never truly appreciated elastic before. Two nights ago I went on a frantic hunt for anything with an elastic waistband that I could wear to work. Easy task though it seemed, finding suitable elastic-wear wasn't simple. Finally at Kohl's I found two skirts and a pair of gaucho pants that will do. I also splurged and got three really cute new tops to make up for the less-than-cute bottoms. While I don't really look pregnant to anyone but Richard, my sister, and Lawrence (who points and laughs every time he sees me from the side - thanks pal), most of my pants have turned into mini-torture devices. My new bulk is more bloat than baby - evidenced by the fact that when I wake up in the mornings my pooch is significantly smaller than the balloon it will turn into by the evening. I wore one of my new skirts to work yesterday and experienced by first squeeze-free day in two weeks - it was marvelous!
My mom gave me my first true maternity clothes early last week, too. The shirt is super-cute and it's already made its public debut. The jeans with the huge elastic band are still way to big -but I know the day when I need them will sneak up all to quick!
And yes, I still have not removed the belly-button ring. I feel naked without it, so it gets to stay for a little longer.
2 comments:
I am very glad you have some elastic now. I feel like i need elastic after I eat those yummy chick-fil-a milkshakes, so i can't imagine what it would be like if there was something alive trying to make room in my pants too.
Seeing those pictures makes me really REALLY start to believe that my friend WILL be having a baby. YAY!!!
I can't see the pic from the side!
Post a Comment