Duh, right? But I still wake up every morning surprised at my belly and wondering why on earth my rear-end is getting so big. Besides the obvious symptoms, here are a few recent events that lead me to believe I really really am pregnant:
#1 - My favorite pair of heels are now officially closeted until post-pregnancy. I wore them to work last week and my feet felt fine. But when I took the shoes off after getting home, my feet looked like big blow-up water toys! It was not good at all and I have never had swollen feet before. They were back to normal the next day, but I am all-flats for now.
#2 - I left my purse at Quizno's. So, that could easily happen, right? But I usually don't forget things in public places. I might leave stuff at home or at work, or misplace my car keys...but leave my whole financial world hanging in a bag at the local Quizno's - not very Melanie-like. Unless we're talking about pregnant-Melanie and then anything's game.
#3 - There is a mounting stockpile of baby stuff in my bedroom and garage. Apparently, someone in this household is expecting.
#4 - A complete stranger asked me the other day when my baby was due. That really floored me, because I thought I was still in the "is she pregnant or just chunky?" phase.
#5 - Crying. I feel somewhat justified about this given why I was crying, but normally I would have just been ticked or thought the whole thing was kind of funny. At my last doctor's appointment, the NP who saw me remarked "Wow, you've gained 7 lbs since your last visit - that might be a little much." And then launched into a healthly pregnancy spiel. I did not cry right then, but 15 minutes later while leaving the office I find myself in the office bathroom crying my eyes out because that stupid bitch called me fat. I composed myself, only to wind up sobbing again in the car after Richard, unprompted, says "You haven't gained too much weight, she was off-base." He had to take me to a coffee shop to get a cup of tea and compose myself before returning to work. Geesh. (There will be no more appointments booked with her.)
#6 - I feel sure there are others but I can't remember them right now (see #2)
2 comments:
If those are your only symptoms, then you might just be going through menapause?! Hahahah! Just kidding! I'm sure you are doing great, and looking fab!! We are hoping to still stop through for an overnight visit either Thurs or Fri (30th/31st of Oct). We'll keep you posted on more details!! Can't wait to see ya'll!!
I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you know your #2...it doesn't go away. I'm still trying to find my brain. PS - screw the biotch who told you to slow the weight gain. Your body is growing a baby, and you let it!! (Ice cream/peanut butter sandwiches and all!)
Post a Comment