We were on the road going to Louisville, KY for Ironman KY. We had a lovely dinner at an Asian restaurant called August Moon. If you're ever in Louisville, I highly recommend it. We were extremely blessed to be staying with our friend Martin's parents there. Chip and Doris were wonderful and made us feel so at home. It was really marvelous and we're so thankful to have met them and spent time in their home.
The Ironman went really well, I am super proud of Richie. He isn't so thrilled with it, but he's being too hard on himself. He dropped his time from last year in Louisville and moved up the pro rankings by 3 spots to 11th. I'm sure eventually he will post his race report on his blog and you can read about it here: itsonlysuffering.blogspot.com. He's also been given several shout-outs on the triathadork web forum Slow Twitch for both his performance and sportsmanship on the course. He's a speed demon and a gentleman :)
This was my first solo spectating at an Ironman. For those of you who don't know, Richard typically finishes an Ironman between 9 and 10 hours depending on the course/conditions (9:38 in Louisville) - so going it solo as a spectator is no small feat! Yay for me!
In baby news, over the past two days I think the biscuit is developing a pattern. He is an afternoon person like his mama. He's quiet in the mornings and then starts practicing his kung-fu moves around lunch time, which continue on until the sun sets. Then we both get sleepy again. Oh, if only he'll keep the same schedule as me after he's born...I'm feeling lucky!
Here are some pictures from the race:
Finishing the swim
See you in a few hours!
Almost done!
All done!
No comments:
Post a Comment