Yesterday Mack really fell in love with his left fist (he could care less about his right one). He spent a lot of time yesterday chewing on his fist, fingers, and the thumb of his left hand. Before yesterday, he would be interested in his hand if it happened to come near his mouth but yesterday he was very intentionally bringing his fist to his mouth for a taste. He still punches himself in the face and pokes himself in the eyes, so it's not that he has complete control or anything, but this is definite progress (in this video, he's wrapped in blankets because within one hour I changed his clothes 3 times and after he peed on the third outfit, I gave up trying to clothe the baby):
He's also gotten really good at watching and tracking things with his eyes and whole head. We're also convinced that he's started smiling when things make him happy or interested. This is Mack watching and smiling at the musical bear mobile in his Pack 'n Play (also enjoy hearing Richard letting the dogs in the house at the end of the video):
Yay for Mack and his developing brain - he's such a smarty! Which is good to know because the brain cells he sucked away from me during pregnancy still haven't come back and I think they're gone for good.
3 comments:
What an awesome baby! I love the fist in the mouth.
Loving the videos....thanks for keeping us up to date on the little mans antics!! Come on down whenever, we'd love to get the "happy" couple together!! Hope to see you soon!
Oh girl, he's DEFINITELY smiling! He's so advanced!! I can't wait to hear that first giggle too!! I cackled at your closing remarks about...oh what was it again??
Post a Comment