1.19.2009

No baby? Snow baby?

Still no baby and no real signs of his coming other than TODAY IS MY DUE DATE but I'm still pregnant. It's wild to have had this day in my mind for the past 9 months only to experience a normal day like any other.

Richard and I are thankful, however, for the days we have together as just the two of us, since these are the last few days/hours/minutes we're just husband & wife as opposed to mommy & daddy.

I wonder what will happen to my little swimming, count-down-guy tomorrow when the due date is past. Will he crawl up on shore and put on some sunscreen?

Speaking of sun screen, we shouldn't be needing any here - the weatherman is predicting 2-4 inches of SNOW tonight and tomorrow, wow! I try not to get sucked-in to the media hype since for the past 4 years they've been wrong about almost every winter storm that has threatened our skies. But I'm also kind of wondering if Mack might try to play a funny trick and actually be born in the snow storm should one really come our way. Thank goodness for 4WD and good tires if that should be the case! But since there are no real signs that Mack's planning to come tonight, the potential snow is providing a nice distraction.

5 comments:

MamaDoo said...

You are hilarious! I laughed so hard at your pondering what will happen to the little swimmy man tomorrow. I think this will be your last week without a baby my friend. You may have just experienced your last weekend alone! Happy happy thoughts, biiig open cervix! I promise, that will be the last time I say that to you, ha ha ha.

Unknown said...

Hi Mel! Well I know you must be soo anxious but know that we are thinking about you alot! xoxo Carrie and Carlos

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

Can't wait to meet King Richard II!! All the best!!

Anna said...

I saw that Raleigh got five inches today!!! Did that encourage Mack?

Alicia Parr said...

I notice the ticker with the swimmer guy now says 0 days left, although he's not up on the beach putting on sunscreen. That would have been so cool if that had happened. I'll keep thinking happy birth thoughts for you!