For New Year's Day, Richie decided he wanted to have a cookout over an open fire at Jordan Lake. He was being very secretive about the whole affair so I wasn't sure what he was getting us into or what we'd be eating (burgers, ham, hunted squirrel...). When the big day rolled around, the high temperature was only 41, but that did not deter us. Several friends bravely met us out at the lake and Richard started cooking. We had a traditional New Year's meal of ham, collards, & black-eyed peas cooked over a big fire pit. It was very yummy! The only somewhat odd thing we had was pine-tea that Richard made from pine needles off a nearby tree - but that was good too! Here are some pictures of the event:
Then last night, our friend Vicky turned 50 (Happy Birthday Vicky!) and her family threw her birthday party at Let's Dance in Cary. We learned the Mambo and the basic Swing steps. I didn't fall over, not even once - and neither did Richard! We did not however win the dance competition. It was very fun and was nice to be up & moving even if my legs and hips got pretty tired and achy from all the gyrations. I don't have any pictures from last night's event, which is probably a good thing for us, hee hee.
Wow, so 16 days left on the ticker. While I'm not sure I'm ready for labor and delivery or for having an teeny tiny infant to take care of, I am definitely ready NOT to be pregnant any more!
Happy New Year everyone!
1 comment:
Great pictures. Next year you can take baby Mack with you! And me!
Post a Comment