1.20.2009

Snow Day

What do pregnant ladies do on snow days? Make snow angels of course!

After waking up to falling snow with no sign of it letting up, I stayed home from work today since Richard wasn't real thrilled about the idea of his overly pregnant wife rolling out onto the snowy streets. We got up early and made a big breakfast together - yummm. Then we laughed at the doggies freaking out in the snow during their morning constitutional. Lill is quite a crazy animal, see what I mean:



I did manage to get some work done today before we sat down to watch the inaugaration. I've been very disillusioned and uncaring about the whole political season, but I did enjoy watching the today. No matter what your political opinion, you must admit today was a historical day.

After the inaugaration, we went for a walk. Here are a few shots from our escapade:


Then it was more work for me and Richie went for a run (crazy man!). Hopefully it won't be too crazy icey tomorrow on the roads. Mack didn't decide to come during the snow storm. He still has the opportunity to arrive during black-ice conditions however. After a few mild contractions last night I thought maybe things were going to get going, but - alas - no progress! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what they say.

Happy snow day & stay safe everyone!



3 comments:

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

Glad you got to get out of the house and enjoy the snow...AND not have to drive to work. I bet Mack will be here soon!!

MamaDoo said...

You are so crazy! I can't believe you made a snow angel...please tell me Richard helped you up! I loved that picture of Lil eating Buddy's tail. Ha ha ha! Let me know how the appointment goes tomorrow! Tell them to strip your membranes.

treesarepretty said...

Thinking of you today Melanie! Hope all goes well. I've been checking your blog every day to see if there's any word (not that I expect you will update it when it happens....OK, so it's not rationale behavior, sue me).

Meredith - you continue to gross me out with your weird pregnancy language.