2.19.2009

Some Firsts

I can't believe how quickly Mack is growing and changing. These are some firsts from the past few weeks (his entire life-span, I know):
February 3rd - this was a big day. Mack went on his first hike along the Tobacco Trail with mommy, daddy, and grammy. And then, his first snow flurry came that evening!

February 8th brought about Mack's first diaper change outside of the house. As you can see, he really enjoyed it. This was also his first time at Jordan Lake:

I'm mad at myself because I can't remember the date for this, but this is his first bottle. (I know some breastfeeding "experts" would be appalled that I let Mack drink from a bottle so early, but my ladies need a break every now and then.) This is Mack enjoying his first meal with his daddy:

And this was my first attempt to have Mack take a nap in his crib. He sleeps in a cradle in our room at night right now but I thought maybe he'd like to nap in his nursery. As soon as I finished snapping a few cute pictures, Mack woke up screaming to let me know he didn't like my idea. Here he is looking sweet and peaceful in his crib.






3 comments:

Anna said...

Dang these are so cute. I can't wait to come see you guys!

Alicia Parr said...

Introducing the bottle was SUCH a relief for me. It really took the pressure of me being the food source 100% of the time. I think we did it around 2 1/2 weeks. He had some occasional nipple confusion if he'd been bottle feeding more than usual in a particular day(that's the main concern with bottle introduction), but he would figure it out within a few minutes.

Love the outdoor diaper change pic!

Krankin said...

could he really get any cuter??? you can really see his personality starting to come through in these pictures...