1.11.2009

Still pregnant

OK - so there are still technically 8 days until our due date, so we really shouldn't be so impatient. But I am getting really impatient. See above pictures - I would kill for that 11 week pregnant body right now as opposed to the 38 week pregnant body on the right. See how much bigger my smile was then? Ha ha!
I am feeling really good and shouldn't complain. Mack can take all the time he needs to grow and develop so he can be strong when the time comes...but the second he's fully cooked, his mama expects him to put all procrastination aside and get on with it! It's not only the body thing of course, I'm really ready to meet this little fellow whose been preoccupying my every thought for the past 8 months. We were hoping the full moon this weekend and the spicy food we ate Friday and Saturday night might produce the desired meeting, but no such luck! Looks like I'll be at work on Monday after all.
I've read and people have said that the last few weeks of pregnancy teach you how to survive without sleeping or personal comfort (due to all the late-night peeing and inability to get comfortable/digest food easily/wear clothing - check) but I really think the last few weeks of pregnancy are teaching me patience (or that patience is a virtue I only THOUGHT I had).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Thanks for the update!

If the shoe FITZ.... said...

Talk about a time lapse photo..you are ALL BELLY!!! I hope Mack comes soon; we can't wait to meet him! Good Luck!!

Alicia Parr said...

Big Mack has dropped nice and low, hasn't he? Good news! I totally understand the discomfort, impatience, etc. SOON!!! Promise!

Alicia Parr said...

I just re-read that. You're still going to work? Oh my. There comes a point (you're there) where it's hard to focus on being productive, which isn't helped by everyone around you looks petrified that you'll pop out a baby any second. T

Alicia Parr said...

OK, I admit it. I am checking this page at least twice a day for updates. Good luck to you guys!!!!